- We will take all reasonable care of your vehicle for the period you have booked and paid for, starting from when you give us your keys.
- Penguin Parking staff will help with the loading and unloading of your luggage, but it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that their belongings are transferred to and from the correct ships and courtesy vehicles. Your personal possessions and luggage are always your responsibility. Any luggage or items left behind by a customer (and found) will be returned at the customer’s expense and will incur an additional £15.00 admin fee. Any belongings left unclaimed for a period of 15 days will be disposed of by Penguin Parking.
- If you stay for more days than you booked, you will be charged for the extra days at the car park’s standard daily rate (£10). If you stay for fewer days than you booked, you will not be given a refund.
- If you decide to cancel within 14 days of making the booking, we charge an administration fee of £15.00 that will be deducted from the amount you have paid. However, there are no refunds for cancellations made after that time or if your date of departure is within 14 days of booking.
- As with all parking establishments, all cars parked with Penguin Parking are done so at your own risk. You must understand when you leave and collect your car from our pick-up and drop off area that is effectively a public area and outside our direct control. Other passengers may hit your vehicle with their doors leaving or entering their own vehicle. No liability is accepted for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused, including, but not limited to windscreens, windows, wheels, tyres, mechanical, electrical or bodywork, including vandalism and theft / attempted theft. Inspect your vehicle and report any damage you believe is new to our staff before you leave. Under no circumstances will we consider any claims made after you have left the car park. Should we be liable for repairs to your vehicle from our own actions we reserve the right to have the work undertaken by our own contractors.
- No liability is accepted for any consequential loss including, but not limited to hotel charges, car hire, taxi charges (unless previously agreed), alternative transport charges or loss of income.
- Penguin Parking may, at its discretion and at the request of the customer offer a jump start service to a vehicle which has a flat battery. This is at the customer’s own risk. If Penguin Parking cannot provide such service, the customer will be required to make its own arrangements with its breakdown service provider.
We are not responsible for:
- Insurance cover for you, your vehicle, or its contents.
- The direct or indirect consequences of force majeure, terrorism, catastrophe, adverse weather, industrial action, cancellation of cruise, loss of baggage, traffic conditions, vandalism, failure of third parties to comply with their obligations to you (whether contractual, statutory or otherwise) or criminal activity of any description.
- Any natural deterioration in the vehicle’s condition while it is with us.
- Matters that are covered by your car, holiday, household, motor or any other more specific insurance. You must look to that cover for protection in the first instance.
- Property left unattended in your vehicle, on our site or in our courtesy vehicles.
- Claims you make after you have collected your vehicle from us.
- Delays due to wrong information on your booking form.
- Penguin Parking accepts no responsibility for any missed departures or onward travel arrangements under any circumstances.
- Free transfers are for a maximum of 4 people per vehicle booked. Additional people (including children and infants) are charged at £10.00 per person when pre-booked or £15.00 per person if you arrive at the car park with more people than you have booked seats for. The £15.00 per person is also payable if you book for 2 people and 4 people arrive at the car park.
- Oversized vehicles (anything that does not comfortably fit in a standard parking space) are charged at an additional £2.00 per day if pre-booked or £3.00 per day if not pre-booked (up to 1.5 car spaces). This includes, but is not limited to campers, trailers, motorhomes, pick-ups or any vehicle larger than 5 metres long. Office staff are not familiar with all types of vehicles and simply putting the make and model of the vehicle on your booking is not acceptable. It is your responsibility to make us aware of any vehicle that may be classed as oversized or you will be charged an additional £3.00 per day when you arrive.
It is assumed that by booking with us you have read and understood these conditions and are happy to accept them.